Monday, August 24, 2009

Return as an Animal



'Return as an Animal' is a short film by motionographer/animator Bruno B. Dicolla. It's supposed to be about the myth of the eternal return of life after death. I like it because it lets me watch two of my favorite things at the same time: neon animation and semi-idle animals. Seriously, I used to spend hours watching things like 'Untamed Africa' on Discovery Channel. I especially loved it when they gave big cats names and followed them around for months (e.g. "Nala is beginning to distance herself from her cubs, who must learn to fend for themselves blah blah.") I generally just lost interest when the program was about birds. Go figure.

Anyway, Dicolla was also featured in the Floating World Animation Festival last June. Check out the neat promo vid they used for the festival here.


PS Got a heads up that I put the wrong link for the Washed Out track. It's all fixed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate

SEARCH ARCHIVE

The Past