Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Memory Tapes / Fool's Gold



I feel obligated to blog about the Memory Tapes remix of Fool's Gold's Nadine, 'coz the whole world is blogging about it. Half-joke. I think Memory Tapes/Memory Cassette/Weird Tapes is my most favoritest discovery of the year (and probably every other person's). Yeah, in case you didn't know, it's all the same dude, though I read somewhere that Memory Cassette is supposed to be the feminine version of Weird Tapes, which was Dayve Hawk's first monicker. I'm not sure if I really 'get' that from the tracks or if I'm just hearing it coz I read about it. I'm also not sure if my queer-theoried brain really dislikes Hawk for even thinking about that split, though I suppose the fact that the full length Seek Magic is coming as the hybrid 'Memory Tapes' is reassuring.








Fool's Gold - Nadine (Memory Tapes Version)









Memory Cassette - Surfin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Navigate

SEARCH ARCHIVE

The Past